Eating balanced is easier said than done! How to compose an evening meal when you are on a diet? Our explanations.
I'm on a diet: what should I eat at night to lose weight?
First thing to know: in order to lose weight, it is at first unspeakable to respect his appetite. " If you are not very hungry at night, do not force yourself to eat, advises Raphael Gruman, dietician-nutritionist. A yogurt with a bowl of soup can be sufficient, provided you have a balanced snack (a handful of almonds, for example) around 16 hours."
If you are on a diet and want to lose weight, the dietician-nutritionist advises you to compose your dinner in the following way: 1 small portion of a lean protein (50 grams) + vegetables (rather cooked for digestive comfort) + 1 dairy ("avoid low-fat dairy products, prefer plain dairy products ").
Some examples of slimming evening meals:
- 1 grilled chicken breast + 1 green bean salad with garlic and parsley + 1 plain yoghurt without sugar with some dark chocolate chips,
- 1 handful of shrimp + 1 mashed broccoli + 1 white cheese without sugar with a pinch of cinnamon,
- 1 fillet of cod in foil with lemon juice + 1 tomato gazpacho + 1 faisselle salt and pepper,
- 1 slice of ham + 1 velvety zucchini + 1 small Swiss with a few drops of vanilla extract.
I do not want to fatten: what dinner for me?
You do not really want to lose weight, but rather you want to preserve your figure? Raphaël Gruman advises you to include starchy foods in your evening meal: "it is very greedy, but be careful to prioritize starchy foods less rich in carbohydrates: avoid the White bread (like the famous baguette), pasta and wheat semolina."
To compose a light but tasty dinner, opt for 1 portion of protein (lean or not, at your choice) + 1 small portion of vegetables (ideally cooked to avoid bloating) + 1 small portion of starch + 1 milk and / or 1 portion fruit (about 100 g).
Some examples of light evening meals:
- 1 slice of melon + 1 fillet of salmon in olive oil + 1 serving of quinoa + 1 serving of zucchini with steam + 1 plain yoghurt without sugar.
- 2 grilled chipolatas + 1 bowl of rice + 1 mashed carrots + 1 white cheese + 1 handful of red fruits.
- 1 velouté of tomatoes + 1 butchered ground beef + 1 mashed potatoes + 1 piece of Comté + 1 pear.
- A mixed salad: diced ham + corn kernels + quinoa + diced Emmental + 2 apricots for dessert.
One last tip? " In the evening, avoid fried foods (which are difficult to digest) and alcohol (which can disturb sleep). Also have a light hand on starchy foods to limit sugar intake - these promote the storage of fat! "
Thanks to Raphaël Gruman, dietician-nutritionist and founder of The Gruman Method.